It seems like I am always in need of a gift for a wedding, and gift cards are a quick pick, but can be rather impersonal. Why not make it extra special by enclosing it in this beautiful gift card holder? It features our brand-new Roxie paper and accessories, and is super easy to put together.
All papers, stamps and embellishments are available in the Roxie Workshop on the Go Kit—G1025, pg. 25, $29.95
Z2118 Desert Sand
Adhesive, such as Tombow
1772 Glue Dots
Z1151 3-D Mounting Tape
2 pins from Z1466 Bling Assortment (pg. 128--$4.95 or included in Workshop on the Go Kit)
4 ¼” x 11” (base)
Score along long edge at 3”, 5 ½” & 8”
Roxie Background and Texture Paper
Four-4” x 3 ¾” (use plaid side on two and pink side on other two)
½” x 4” pink rose pattern paper
Colonial White Cardstock
1 ½” x 2 ½” (tag)
Scrap for stamping
Desert Sand Cardstock
4” x ¾”
Cut papers as listed above.
· On a scrap of Colonial White Cardstock, stamp one large rose in Tulip Ink, and the small rose in Tulip, and then without re-inking, stamp it again so that you have a second-generation rose—it will be slightly lighter in color and will give you a nice variation in color.
· Stamp the filigree border stamp in Black on the pink ½” x 4” strip.
· On the 1 ½” x 2 ½” Colonial White piece, stamp “Love” in Tulip Ink in the bottom right-hand corner. Stamp “So in” in Black Ink in the upper left-hand corner. Sponge edges of tag with Tulip Ink.
· Stamp two large leaves side by side, slightly overlapping, in Desert Sand. Score the 4 ¼”x11” base at 3”, 5 ½” & 8”. Fold on score lines to make an “M” shape.
object that is approximately 4” in diameter to use as a guide—I used
a small tin. Fold the base piece in half and trace the edge of your
round object along the fold. Make sure that you are leaving at least
3/8” along both sides. Trim with scissors.
Next, you will need to adhere the gift card pocket together. Place a strip of adhesive along both sides and the bottom edge of the pocket, as illustrated with the white strips below. You can use an adhesive, such as Tombow, but may want to add some gldots at the corners for a stronger bond.
Fold the base in half and you will have a nice pocket for the gift card.
Next, you need to add the ribbon. Mark the center of your length of ribbon and wrap it around the holder—make sure that you have the fold at the bottom. Adhere in several places with glue dots.
Now you are ready to add the beautiful papers. Distress the edges of the pink rose-print papers with black ink and adhere to the inside of the holder.
· Distress the edges of the plaid papers and adhere to the front and back covers of the holder.
· Using the edge of your scissors, scrape the edges of the black tag base and the Desert Sand strip for a nice distressed edge, and then layer with corresponding stamped pieces.
· Adhere the Desert Sand Strip on the front cover, approximately ¼” from bottom edge of plaid paper.
· Cut out roses and adhere the large rose to the upper-right-hand corner of the message tag. Adhere the two leaves to the smaller rose, then mount over the larger rose using 3-D mounting tape.
· Add the two pins, inserting them through the 3-D mounting tape that you used to adherthe smaller rose.
· Add gift card and your hand-written greetings to the inside and you have a lovely gift for the bride and groom!