Oh, and one more thing...the photo on the right? That is my daughter on her last day of her school her senior year holding a picture of herself on her very first day of kindergarten! Poetic? Ha! Ha! I hope so! I planned it that way! :)
September 1, 2012
August 1, 2012
I love to create simple layouts accented with bundles of bling. It's easy to create cute little clusters to highlight your photos and make your pages pop like in this layout made with the Avonlea papers. Here are a few tips on how to make your own bundles of bling:
1) use odd numbers of accents;
3) raid your stash - clusters are a great way to use up left over accents you have laying around;
4) don't be afraid to combine different textures.
at 10:21 PM
July 1, 2012
I love to have an excuse to celebrate a special occasion and there are so many reasons to celebrate! Birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, new job and more. A celebration isn't the same without decorations. Check out this cute mini banner that is perfect for any reason to celebrate. I made it for my daughter's graduation this past May. See the cute graduation caps at the ends? They are simple card stock creations that can be attached with velcro. They were super simple and easy. But what if you want to use your banner for a different occasion? Instead of graduation hats you can add a sports embellishment to celebrate your child's sports wins. Or, add a wedding cake to celebrate an anniversary or bridal shower. There are many different accents that you can use to make this cute banner fit your special occasion. So have fun and celebrate!
at 12:34 PM
May 11, 2012
May 5, 2012
- Create a simple sign for someone to hold. It could say a simple phrase, or share an emotion such as "We miss you, Dad!" For added meaning, have your child write it him/herself!
- When using signs, I suggest making it at least 8 1/2 x 11 in a large font so it is readable in the photo.
- Have each person in the picture hold a letter to spell a word.
- Point to a map. For example, in a place you visit, find a city map and point to where you are on the map.
- Reinact a moment you want to capture that you didn't have your camera for the first time. It sounds crazy but if you make it cheesy and totally ham it up it adds even more emotion and fun! For example, your daughter goes on her first date but you don't want to embarrass her in front of her date (well, anymore than we as parents do already! Ha! Ha!). The next day, reenact the leaving on the date scene by having her dad (with hands on his hips of course) wagging his finger while the daughter shakes her head in embarrassment. Believe me, that photo will say more than a thousand words!
These are just a few of the many ways that you can make your photos have more meaning and more messages behind them. Get creative and play around with more and make your next photo shoot say more!
April 20, 2012
LOVE this year's National Scrapbooking Month promotion! It features this beautiful paper packet with fun prints on one side and adorable polka dots on the other side! I LOVE polka dots! When you place an order of $35 or more in products from the Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book between April 17 and May 31, you may add the Dotty for You paper packet, valued at $19.95, for just $5. That's right! Just $5! Dotty for You includes 24 specially designed, coordinating B&T Duos®sheets (2 each of 12 patterns) and an artwork idea insert to get your creative juices flowing. But that’s not all! There are two ways you can get this darling paper packet FREE! Hostesses will receive a free Dotty for You paper packet when their Gathering sales total $400 or more (excluding tax, shipping/handling, and Operation Smile donations). Or new Consultants who sign up between April 1 and May 31 (two full months!) will receive a free Dotty for You paper packet with their kit.
No matter what projects you have in mind, you will love these dotty papers! Enjoy!
at 9:00 AM