September 1, 2012

How Time Flies

A week ago I helped my oldest daughter move out of the house to go to college. I have to admit it was gut wrenching! As much as I will miss her, I'm still very excited for her and all the new adventures she will have in college. Doesn't seem that long ago that I was in college! Ha! ha! How time flies! In honor of her graduating and leaving for college, I made this layout with a few pictures of her from kindergarten through graduation. I think sometimes we scrapbook "events" and often forget to make layouts that highlight changes, relationships, feelings, or other "non-event" things in our lives. It was so rewarding to reflect on how my daughter has grown up while making this layout. Those are the feelings and memories that make scrapbooking worth it!

Oh, and one more thing...the photo on the right? That is my daughter on her last day of her school her senior year holding a picture of herself on her very first day of kindergarten! Poetic? Ha! Ha! I hope so! I planned it that way! :)

No comments: