March 18, 2009

Celebrating Relationships


Let me share a story, if you don't mind me sharing something personal. My grandmother passed away last week. She was 103! Can you believe it? She was a sweetheart and we love her a lot. This is a picture of my dear Grandma. She didn't have a lot of possessions left, and had already given away many of her belongings when she moved into a nursing home. But do you know what she kept close to her? Photos of her loved ones and a scrapbook that our family had made for her years ago. All of the families and grandchildren had made simple scrapbook layouts (many of them are not scrapbookers) and put them together in an album. And it was one of her dearest possessions. That scrapbook celebrated her relationship with her family. I have been thinking about these scrapbook pages we make and how they truly are priceless they are. Each layout is more than just paper, a photo and some journaling. It is a memory made special and long-lasting for others to share and treasure always.

3 comments:

Preds Girl said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. :-( Glad you were able to go to Canada to be with family. What you said in this post was well put. Puts things into perspective. My prayers are with you and your family.

Mary R. said...

Tracy, thank you for sharing your beauithful grand mother with usand I for one love to her about familyand I know you have children all my children is all grown up and have chaildern of there own yes we have 3 grand sons 2 daughters , this was alsome you shared with us .thank you ...and I do understand the journals or the scrap book you can make for a loved one I have made them for my mother but she just wontwrite in it she says she is saving them. for who or what who's knows lol...
thank you ...

Tracy said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. That is truely amazing she lived as long as she did. To think about all she say in her time.